The grout dried white. That would be great if we bought white grout. But we bought dark grout: mapei malt, to be precise. Because dark grout doesn't show anything. Except when it dries white.
Efflorescence. That's what the white haze is called that cement products create. And that's what is coating the grout we installed.
The tile itself has a dull look. It doesn't reflect light evenly, as it would with a good glaze.
Then I looked up at the ceiling, and I remembered that this is all just our luck: after all, when we painted the ceiling, even after two coats of primer the white ceiling paint we used looked blotchy. After a ridiculous number of coats of ceiling paint, it still looked blotchy. After purchasing a different brand and recoating, the blotchiness was better, but it is still noticeable. I guess the lesson is that no matter what we do in the kitchen, it's not going to work exactly right. Doesn't it figure?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment